Pages

29 June 2014

Innocence

Even if friends leave us
Even if foes criticise us
Even if acquaintances despise us
Even if strangers condemn us
Even if our parents gave up on us
Even if society hates us
Even if the world shuts us out
Even if it means skipping classes
Even if it means driving the teachers up the walls
Even if it means sacrificing our lifelong dreams
Even if it means losing our jobs
Even if it means letting go of an opportunity of a lifetime
Even if it means starving to the point where our stomachs are on the verge of disappearing altogether
Even if it means fabricating the truth
Even if it means bending the rules
Even if it means going against the human nature
Even if it means neglecting those who used to be so dear to us
As long as you've got me
and I you
As long as you promise to be there with me
As long as I get to see you every stinking moment of my life
As long as I get to feel the heat that your presence brings
As long as your voice reaches my ears whenever I long for it
As long as your eyes meet mine before I even miss them
As long as I think of you as much as you think of me
As long as you and I believe in eternal love
Nothing else matters
Come hell or high water
This world would be a world worth living in
With you by my side
I could not wish for anything more

Love,
Well, you know who I am

Innocence: A Child's First Love
-Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment