Pages

22 July 2015

Backspaces

Who knew time flew so fast huh? From reaching KLIA the other day to having a week's worth of jet lag to starting with online classes to Ramadan to catching up with old buds. Now it's less than three weeks left of my online summer courses which means less than three weeks of my summer holiday. In other words, I have to start getting my shit back together for the next three years of college.

Dammit this is so true. Wasted crap on textbook that I don't even read (Credits)
Actually I just found the meme on the internet and was frustrated at how much it really applied to me.

Anyway, I'm glad to say this summer (it's always summer in Malaysia) didn't go to waste. Here's a list of things that I managed to accomplish up to this point:

1. I learned how to drive. Don't have a license yet but planning to get one in the states.

2. Almost finished watching Fresh off the Boat.

3. Almost finished online summer courses (although I'm not sure how my grades will end up)

4. Finished reading a book (although I wish I could've completed even more books in the summer)

But most importantly,

Credits
5. Survived Ramadan. Now it's already Syawal. My Ramadan goal every year is to not have any regrets after Ramadan is over. No reminiscing the times I could've added more pages to my Quran-reading or more rakaat's during taraweeh. Alhamdulillah I'm happy with this year's ramadan, and hope to improve again next year. I do miss having Ramadan in PERMATA. That was the first time I took every opportunity that Ramadan has to offer, and I began to wonder how many previous Ramadans I have left wasted.

Oh and I almost forgot (actually I didn't forget. I just wanted to put this off until the end of the post).
I get to meet up with some of my closest friends: those from Sabah and those from PERMATA. I'd say, teenage life are the golden days. You grow up with the best friends you'll ever make in life. Because trust me, once you get to college, you'll find it harder to make meaningful, long-lasting relationships and friendships.

credits
And there comes a point in life where we encounter a fork in the road with numerous branches. That's when those whom we have been together with for so long have to go separate ways. And we're left wondering what'll happen 10 years into the future. Well, whatever happens, we have to keep moving forward because you know what? There's no backspaces in life.

p/s: I'm not good at metaphors

No comments:

Post a Comment