Pages

23 January 2014

Silence



Many times I remind myself of this quote
Many times I try putting it to practice
Many times... I failed...

O Allah, provide me strength to refrain myself from unnecessary speech,
for the more words produced by the mouth, the more likely it is for me to speak things that may be the reason for Your displeasure
I am only silent in the presence of those I am not used to (a few years back I used to be the quiet type)
And once people whom I am comfortable with gets into my zone, I start talking, often about worldly things. I should stop that. Halt. Terminate. Discontinue. Put a stop to it. 

People always say that girls talk way more than boys, and I disagree with that statement to some extent. I do wish that one day I may reduce the urge to speak nonsense. Amiin. Truly, the tongue is the sharpest, most powerful weapon that one owns.

However it is, I just have to be certain that I shall never throw in the towel. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment