Pages

31 January 2014

Solitude

It struck me somewhere around noon, that since I got here (PEMATApintar) I rarely ever "see" the real world again. I'm just stuck in the middle of UKM (so to say). I remembered approximately two years back when I was in KK. My school was not that far from home but still I had to go there by car. I see lots of things along the way. Shops, people, houses, roads, vehicles, dogs, cats. And on certain days, on the way back home, my mum would stop by CKS or Milimewa to buy some goods before heading home. During the weekends we used to go out to shopping malls - Center Point, 1B, Suria Sabah etc - because there was practically nothing better to do at home. I thought my life was restricted then (having have the same set of routine going on over and over). Well, I never knew PERMATA life then. As I reflect my past on this blissful afternoon, it occurred to me that I no longer see the public much. All I see are the same faces over and over and over and over and... over. The same faces. To the point that I even recognise which shirt is whose, and which shoes is whose, and which baju kurung is whose. The only places I go to is around these not-so-well-fenced perimeters, unless I go for outing of course. I wanted to go outing on my own but my mum won't allow me to. Going with friends? There is a rombongan of girls going out today, but I favour solitude. I don't know. I do love spending the holidays this way. Just me. Alone in the company of my own shadow with sounds coming only from my own brain. The less the merrier I said to Ain. Yeahhh... I prefer silence than talking (though in some unexplainable situations I tend to be a bit loud), and I prefer listening to stories than telling them. All in all, this day was great. ^^



"Not solitude - that sounds too peaceful. More like solitary confinement"
- Suzanne Colins, Catching Fire (Katniss mentions about Haymitch)

No comments:

Post a Comment